Monday, October 5, 2015

There's Only Make

The Pasadena Museum of California Art is currently exhibiting a retrospective of Sister Corita Kent's work. She is the amazing printmaking nun whose work from the '60s and '70s melded social justice themes in a colorful visual pop art explosion. On October 3rd, the day I visited, the museum offered a free silkscreening workshop where you could design and make your own print using Corita design elements. This was an awesome experience and I wish I could have stayed there the whole day to make different design combinations. Here's my silkscreen print which includes an image of Sister Corita:

My favorite Immaculate Heart College (where Sister Corita taught) Art Department Rule:
Rule 6: Nothing is a mistake. There's no win and no fail. There's only make.

No comments:

Post a Comment